Historically, users of Instagram running a business profile would have to manually publish their posts by only using Instagram’s mobile app.
‘Instagram Content Publishing’, means that businesses can now post directly to Instagram from a third party social media tool, like Metigy, without the need to log in to their accounts elsewhere.
Here’s how to schedule Instagram posts and publish directly within Metigy, once you have your Instagram account connected:
- On the left hand side navigation menu, open the content planner
- In the top right hand corner, click ‘create content’
- Click ‘add media’
- You can drag & drop your image or upload one using the browse button
- Click add and confirm your choice
- Continue to create your post adding text, hashtags and emojis as you need
- On the right hand side preview, select Instagram from the channel dropdown
- At the bottom choose a time to post – our AI will suggest the best option
- Confirm the time and click ‘ready’ or ‘approve’ to schedule it in your calendar
No Instagram profile connected yet?
If you need to connect an Instagram account, you can watch this video for help:
Existing Instagram profile connected?
If you already have an existing Instagram profile connected you will need to refresh the connection to activate this new feature.
For a short time, you’ll be prompted to do this when you log in to Metigy. A pop up message will appear asking you to confirm the refresh for the accounts you’ve previously linked to Metigy. Then you’ll be ready to start posting.
Alternatively, you can refresh your Instagram connection in the content editor and there is also a ‘refresh your token’ prompt in a panel in the Metigy Command Centre.
If you have any questions on this, please feel free to reach out to us via email or via online chat.
Want to try Metigy for free and explore our tool? Get started today.
If you’re a Metigy user, start posting to Instagram right away. Log in now.