If you have tried to connect your Instagram account to Metigy you might be wondering why you are prompted to log in to Facebook first. The simple answer is that Facebook owns Instagram and this is a move by Facebook to bring Instagram inline with Facebook’s other tools.
It opens up more reporting metrics and future functionality as well. And we hope to be seeing a lot more from Instagram!
Here’s how to connect your social media profiles:
- Head to the navigation menu at the bottom left of your screen
- Select your account icon, then brand management
- Select the social profiles tab
- Select add new, then the account type – this opens a pop up
- Select the account you want to connect
- Then click ‘allow’ for Metigy to access this account
- Connect now
- And then continue
- You’re all connected.
If you’re trying to connect your Instagram business, you will need to follow the instructions on connecting your Instagram Business to your Facebook account. This can be done in the Facebook account settings.
If you have any questions on this, please feel free to reach out to us via email or via online chat.
Want to try Metigy for free and explore our tool? Get started today.
If you’re a Metigy user, start posting to Instagram right away. Log in now.