Step 1 : Details
Define a name Choose a report type. The choices are:
- Overview : This provides a simple one page summary for each selected location and includes the previous date range of data if available. For users on the free plan, this is the only report you have access to unless you upgrade to the professional plan.
- Standard : A more in depth report, starting with a summary for each page, then a details breakdown of each location over the selected time frame.
Step 2a : Your Locations
Each report includes the locations chosen here. Currently there is a limit of 10 locations maximum.
You can choose from the pages you manage or your competitors.
If you need help setting this up, you can find out more in the help article managing your pages.
Step 2b : Comparing to Competitors
You can also include competitors in your reports. Click on the Competitor tab in locations and you can see all the competitors you have set up.
If you need help setting this up, you can find out more in the help article managing your competitors.
Pro Tip : Try creating reports of your pages vs your biggest competitor (or inspiration brand) to see what was performing for them and how they performed over the time frame.
Step 3 : Date Range
Select the date range applicable for this report.
This defines the reporting frequency and also the period that is shown. The options are:
- Calendar : Report broken down by calendar year periods
- For overview, this is the last two available months*
- For standard, this is a calendar year : January to December
- Month : Report broken down by month periods
- For overview, this is the last 1 or 2 months data
- For standard, this can be up to 12 months
- Week : Report broken down by week periods (Mon-Sun)
- For overview, this is the last 1 or 2 weeks data
- For standard, this can be up to 8 weeks
- Day : Report broken down by day periods
- For overview, this is the last 1 or 2 days data
- For standard, this can be up to 14 days
Reports are available 3 days after a completed reporting period as this is when some social networks make the finalized data available to us. For Calendar or Monthly, this is on the 4th day of the month. For Week, this would be on Thursday. Day by day reports are just 3 full days behind.
Step 4 : Settings
Give the report some personal touches including a logo and header colour. This can be especially useful if you have several reports or are generating report for specific regions for example.
Step 5 : Save and Review
Once you have finished setting up your report, click Save Settings.
You will then be presented with your newly generated report to review. If you need to make any changes, you can click Edit Settings in the toolbar:
* We say available months as sometimes it is not possible to collect the data for new customers, dependant on the age of the page, etc.