Metigy Administration Pty Ltd and its affiliates operating under the Metigy name in other jurisdictions, including Metigy, Inc (together referred to as Metigy, we, our, us), are committed to protecting your privacy.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect and use different kinds of information in the course of providing the services which we have grouped together as follows:
- Contact information: includes your name, phone number, email address and your address;
- Transaction information: includes details about payments from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us;
- Profile information: includes user generated information made available by social network services such as names, comments, posts, images or preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Technical information: includes Metigy username and passwords, internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, time zone setting and location, third party access tokens and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website;
- Usage information: includes information about how you use the Website, products and services;
- Marketing information: includes your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us; and
- any other personal information that you provide to us either directly or indirectly when using the Website.
We do not hold or collect any payment information such as credit card details and billing addresses.
We do not collect any sensitive personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions or associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record information). Nor do we collect any information about your health, genetic background or biometric personal information.
Our services are not intended for use by children and should only be accessed by individuals of at least 18 years old (the Age Limit). If you are under the Age Limit, please do not use the Website and do not provide us your personal information. We will upon notice or discovery take all reasonable efforts to erase or destroy any personal information that may have been collected or stored by us about those under the Age Limit without our knowledge.
How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect personal information directly from you wherever it is reasonable and practical to do so. We may collect personal information from you via:
- your use and access of the Website, including during your registration as a user;
- your response to any surveys or marketing materials we send out;
- information and recommendations uploaded to the Website by yourself or by other users; and
- interactions between yourself, other users of the Website, and our staff.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties including:
- third parties who provide services to Metigy that help us provide our services;
- other third parties who provide services via the Website; and
- via public sources or when you connect with a social network service when using and accessing the Website.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information for a variety of reasons including in the most common circumstances listed below:
- to assess the performance of the Website and to improve the services we provide;
- to deliver targeted content based on user profiling and location;
- to process and respond to a complaint or request you may make;
- to contact you in relation to our services, particularly if we believe there are any products or services or any information we believe you might be interested in; or
- for the provision of services or the administration of our business (including fulfilling and exercising our obligations and rights, exercising or defending legal claims and managing the relationship with you).
The legal basis for collecting and using personal information will depend on the specific circumstances in which it is collected. However we will collect personal information from you where:
- you have given consent for Metigy’s use of the personal information for one or more purposes;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party; or
- it is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by Metigy and those interests are balanced against your rights to information privacy (e.g. to communicate useful content updates).
Who may we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to various third parties. These third parties may include:
- technology partners in connection with services that these third parties perform for us;
- our lawyers, accountants and professional advisors;
- other third party service providers, such as third party branding service providers;
- to Metigy related companies that are either directly owned or controlled by Metigy;
- to law enforcement authorities where we are required to do so by law or pursuant to a legal process; or
What if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information we need, some or all of the following may occur:
- you may not be able to use the Website; and
- we may not be able to provide you with targeted content and relevant information.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition we limit access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need for access. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Access and correction of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we handle is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you become aware of any errors in your personal information or, if you change your personal information, please let us know.
If we are unable to, or if we are unwilling to provide you with access to any of your personal information, or to correct any of your personal information, we will provide you with our reasons.
You may also contact our Privacy Officer if you wish to obtain further information regarding our privacy practices and the way we handle your personal information.
For more information regarding privacy you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
Subject to certain limitations and restrictions (e.g. depending on circumstances such as where you reside) you may have the right to exercise additional rights in relation to your personal information. These may include the right to:
- request erasure of your personal information
- object to processing of your personal information
- request restriction of processing of your personal information
- transfer your personal information (i.e. the right to data portability)
- not be subject to automatic decision making
- withdraw consent
Additional Services and Links to Other Sites
Our website may use ‘cookies’ from time to time. Cookies could be used to collect personal information. A cookie is a small file that is stored on your device by a website. Cookies contain information which is readable by the website that issued the cookie to you and is commonly used to remember your details and preferences when you return to that website. Your web browser can be configured to reject cookies. If you set up your web browser to reject cookies certain functions of our Website may become unavailable to you.
Address: The Studio, Level 6, 11-17 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000