Lead Data Scientist in Sydney
@Metigy we are creating the next generation of AI-driven Marketing Technology (Martech) for business by helping them discover and unlock the secrets hidden in their data. Our AI is built on state-of-the-art data mining and delivered using the art of storytelling delivered through statistics and gamification. We aim to delight and reward our customers by improving their marketing performance and delivering best in class tools.
As a lead data scientist @Metigy, you will lead the team in creating and defining data-driven stories that help our customers understand and grow their marketing. We believe data should drive insights, trigger actions and reward our customers.
Our Mission is to help users succeed with our marketing assistant technology.
What You’ll be working on
- You will be instrumental in conception and delivery of our product using AI to tailor and deliver marketing recommendations to customers
- Using analytical methods and visualization techniques to surface marketing insights that lead to recommendations to drive key marketing decisions for customers
- Selecting features, building and optimizing data collection, processing and classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality continually
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the data team
- Leading the Big Data Engineers to build highly available, scalable, and secure systems tacking technical ownership and managing resources
- Coordinate with different parts of the business to help design and implement models to solve marketing challenges and monitor outcomes
- From a vague question, you can come up with a thorough data-driven answer, doing ad-hoc research and analysis, presenting results in a clear manner and occasionally publishing research
What Data Scientist are you?
Firstly, what we have just described is something you are already passionate about.
- You are product focused and see everything, theoretical or actual through to delivery
- Strong problem-solving skills and a gift for telling beautiful stories with the data. You dream of working with large, multi-source, multi-faceted, complex, exciting datasets built from the Social Graph (can you tell we love our datasets?)
- User Experience is part of the art of how a data scientist tells a data-driven story and you are passionate about building clear interfaces that give users the best experience possible
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- You love communicating with small, nimble teams in a high visibility role where you can really own the solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating across teams
- You’ve worked for over 5-7 years in a data related role and become a generalist because you love solving problems in creative ways and developing end to end solutions
Above all, you have the drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques continually. We live in a beautiful, ever-changing world that happens in real time, all the time. And our goal is to help our customers conquer that new frontier, one great recommendation at a time!
You will need to be Sydney based.
Strictly no recruiters