What we are looking for:
Metigy is looking for a focused, confident and enthusiastic Group Accountant who can play a key role in the development of our global business. This is a new role created in response to rapid international growth. You will work closely with the CFO to support Metigy through the implementation of systems, generation of accurate financial information including budgets and forecasts, and ensuring regulatory compliance throughout our international business.
You will have the technical, organisational and communication skills to succeed in a fast growing, complex and evolving international business. You will be self-motivated and work equally well alone and in teams.
Who we are:
Half of all SME’s fail in the first two years and lack of marketing capability is a consistent issue in the organisations that fail. Metigy is changing that paradigm on a global scale.
Metigy is the world’s leading AI-powered Digital Marketing solution made for SMEs.
Metigy is all about making the challenging yet critical elements of the marketing, easy and fun!
Our platform integrates with the leading social and digital marketing platforms, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, and provides the Strategy in the form of Insights, Recommendations and Decision support so even an inexperienced marketer can master marketing and grow their brand. Digital marketing has never been more important.
This is an exciting time to join Metigy as we are growing quickly! We have just completed a major capital raise and we are scaling globally and this means that there are lots of opportunities for you to have an influence and impact on our business.
What you will do:
- Prepare monthly financial and management reports
- Manage the general ledgers of all group (international) subsidiaries
- Report consolidated results at a group level
- Revenue and cost reporting and analysis
- Prepare group budgets and forecasts
- Prepare BAS, FBT, R&D, Payroll and Corporate ITRs including tax compliance and strategy
- Monitor business risks and insurances
- Ensure accounting standards, policies and procedures are adhered to
- Assist with the supervision, training and mentoring of accounts staff
- Liaise with external auditors, ATO
- Assist in systems implementation and improvement
What we’re looking for in you:
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a commercial environment
- CA or CPA qualified, including experience in a professional accounting firm
- Thorough understanding of business processes and controls, preferably in a multinational SaaS environment
- Strong financial reporting and tax knowledge
- Advanced computer software skills, including Microsoft Office and Quickbooks (preferable)
- Experience using budgeting, forecasting and reporting tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiastic and motivated personality with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to work accurately under pressure to multiple tight deadlines
What is on offer:
- A fantastic challenge to contribute to a great Australian scaleup taking on the world
- An enjoyable work environment,
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The scaleup lifestyle including the ability to collaborate in the office and work remotely the rest of the week
- And an options plan for passionate people after a qualifying period
How to Apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please click on the “apply” button to submit an application and CV. You can find out more about Metigy on:
The Forward Thinking Podcast: An award-winning marketing podcast about Marketing by Marketers & Metigy
Metigy Blog: News & Announcements, Podcast updates and Awards!
Metigy Learning: Join the world’s leading community of forward-thinking SME Marketers