What we’re looking for:
At Metigy, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing engineering team. Working within an exciting, fast paced, startup environment, you will bring your development experience to build, develop and support an AI driven marketing platform. Coming from a development background, you will have the opportunity to innovate current and new practices across the platform.
This role has a strong focus on the development side of DevOps as well as system administration. The Metigy technology teams design, deliver, operate and own platform services capabilities, so you will have a direct input on products and solutions, innovation, and future software propositions. Your knowledge of software engineering, automation, experience in AWS environments and passion for building products, means there are plenty of opportunities to be part of the development of next generation marketing AI technology.
Who we are:
Metigy is all about making the challenging and time-consuming parts of the marketing process, easy and fun!
Metigy has created the world’s leading AI marketing platform, to assist marketers and SMB’s to create their own marketing strategies. The platform integrates with the leading social media platforms, (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google) and provides intelligent insights, actionable ideas, trending conversations, objective settings, competitor & influence tracking, and automated reporting. This allows marketers and SMB’s to focus on creating and implementing effective marketing campaigns that really work. We use AI to power brand strategy and interactive learning so marketers can market like a master and reach their goals.
This is an exciting time to join Metigy as we are growing really quickly! There are lots of opportunities for you to have an influence and impact on the business. We aim to have a positive impact on the day to day work of our people, customers and environment.
What you will do:
- Work closely with Metigy’s founders, engineering, product, customer service and design teams to deliver high quality solutions for Metigy customers.
- Automate configuration management, release management and related tools maturity and capability with the view of aligning tools across applications.
- Capitalise on automation opportunities for build, deployment, package, maintenance, release and operational initiatives.
- Collaborate with engineering teams for CI / CD practices and pipeline deployment.
- Leverage your AWS experience and knowledge.
- Provide technical advice and expertise in the use of platform capabilities
- Drive continuous improvement in DevOps & Configuration Management capability ensuring it is always relevant and meets customers’ needs.
- Support security infrastructure, capabilities, initiative such as vulnerability management, monitoring, alerting, and application security.
- Provide level 2 technical support.
- Troubleshoot and maintenance of production issues, lead regular reviews and coordinate with the developers to streamline code deployment
- Collaborating with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Work with dev colleagues, designers and architects to create appropriate configurations for environments.
- Support projects that deliver both strategic and operational improvement to the systems.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field of study
- 3+ years experience with AWS services
- 3+ years experience in a DevOps environment
- Strong working knowledge of programming languages including Python and Node JS
- Experience with databases such as SQL.
- Experience with Containers such as Docker / Docker apps
- Research and recommend emerging security technologies and tools to address current and future threats
- Solid knowledge of infrastructure, release engineering and software engineering
- Excellent problems solving skills, taking responsibility to own issues, until full resolution.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing environment.
- You are highly autonomous, but able to work collaboratively with engineering, design and product teams.
- A high level of business awareness, commercial acumen, curiosity and empathy
- Attention to detail, courage to innovate and fail, learning from the experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please click on the “Apply Now” button on the right, to submit an application and CV. You can find out more about Metigy on:
The Forward Thinking Podcast: An award-winning marketing podcast about Marketing by Marketers & Metigy
Metigy Blog: an excellent resource of News & Announcements, Product updates and Awards!
Metigy Learning: Join the world’s leading community of Forward Thinking SMB Marketers